Exemption Status: Exempt
Supervisor’s Title: Commercial Auto Claims Manager
Responsible for handling commercial auto claims primarily within the states of California and Texas. The position is a work from home position with the ideal candidate preferably located in California or Texas.
• Make initial contacts with insureds, claimants, witnesses, and agents.
• Analyze coverage and draft coverage position letters as needed.
• Conduct liability investigations.
• Evaluate and resolve first party and third-party property damage claims.
• Evaluate and negotiate resolution of third-party bodily injury claims.
• Evaluate recovery options and pursue subrogation on appropriate cases.
• Comply with DOI regulations.
• Refer cases to SIU as warranted.
• Assign defense counsel and communicate regularly to formulate an agreed upon litigation plan and legal budget on cases that go into litigation.
• Coordinate the retention of experts, subject to an agreed upon budget.
• Establish timely indemnity and expense reserves based on an exposure analysis that is documented in the claim file, revisiting reserve adequacy on a continual basis.
• Submit authority requests on cases above authority. Authority requests will typically involve a comprehensive report outlining all critical issues that formulate the basis for the authority request, as well as verbal roundtable presentation/conference call.
• Travel to attend mediations, settlement conferences and trials on appropriate cases.
• Keep current on key changes in case law and industry trends.
• Assist underwriting and other business partners.
• Ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience, 10 years preferred, in auto claims adjusting
• Prior litigation and large loss experience is required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience handling trucking claims is a plus
• Possession of current California and Texas Adjuster’s licenses or the ability to become licensed
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
• Professional designations (CPCU, AIC, SCLA) are a plus