Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Supervisor’s Title: VP Information Systems
Business Analyst works closely with the business partners and technical teams to determine requirements and develops functional designs based on the analysis of business needs and objectives. This person understands the business and ensures that there is integration between the business and technology. Drives and participates in design, development, and implementation of changes to applications and business processes by leveraging technology. This role will also support business leaders with ad hoc reporting, operational metrics, and portfolio analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to.
- Administers Policy Management system including carrier configurations, user roles and security; claims data; producer management.
- Provide support of Policy Management systems/applications including researching and resolving problems, unexpected results, or changes to system workflows.
- Performs data analysis to support business intelligence activities.
- Develops reports/tools to measure key business metrics.
- Integrates and maintains all carrier specific policy form and system automation requirements.
- Works closely with developers and project stakeholders to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into working deliverables.
- Participates in System Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
- Ad hoc business operational and systems projects as necessary.
- Experience in database query manipulation, writing SQL statements and stored procedures using Microsoft SQL
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 to 4 years’ insurance experience.
- Working knowledge of insurance industry is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & Agency Management System(s).
- Self-motivated and demonstrate an attention to detail.
- Be able to work independently for extended periods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a general understanding of business writing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in, or assigned to, the above position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required, and may be changed at the discretion of the Company.