Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Supervisor’s Title: Catastrophe Modeling Manager
To enter property data into AIR and RMS modeling systems to generate exposure reports and analysis results, maintain the earthquake and hurricane policies booked database, and maintain the flow of the modeling process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs basic account triage to select good underwriting opportunities from lists generated out of IMS, the system of record. Works with underwriter(s) to understand the desired risk profile.
- Enters property information in Excel spreadsheet to prepare it for import into the Catalytic modeling system. Performs verification of data using Google Maps or other tools.
- Communicates with underwriters about the accuracy and completeness of the property information.
- Enters all financial terms into Catalytic modeling system including deductibles, policy terms and special conditions.
- At request of underwriter, makes appropriate adjustments to location or policy data, and re-runs analyses.
- Transfers data, such as policy number, start date, expiration date, layer bound, zones, and premium, at month end from binders to earthquake and wind policies booked database.
- Enters endorsement information into the earthquake and hurricane policies booked database.
- Maintains policies in the booked database to reflect up to date exposure.
- Assesses incoming inspections and performs a detailed comparison between post-inspection findings and originally submitted and modeled information. Rebooks modified accounts into booked database.
- General support for underwriter(s) as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or 3 to 5 years Insurance experience
- Working knowledge of Insurance terminology
- Typing proficiency (35 wpm minimum)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in agency management system(s) a plus
- Experience working in a “paperless” environment preferred
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Complete assigned tasks correctly and on time
- Must be able to learn quickly, know when to ask questions, be self-motivated and demonstrate an attention to detail
- Be able to work independently for extended periods
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a general understanding of business writing
- Basic math skills are necessary for determining premium amounts, commissions, etc.
- Organizational/Time Management skills – The candidate must be able to handle multiple and varying assignments on a daily basis and be able to properly evaluate their importance
- Must be able to work well in a small office environment and show a willingness to support the team including general clerical and administrative tasks as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in, or assigned to, the above position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required, and may be changed at the discretion of the Company.