Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Supervisor’s Title: VP Information Systems
Analyst works closely with the business partners and technical teams to determine requirements, develops functional designs based on the analysis of business objectives and implements new projects as well as maintaining existing applications. This person understands the business and ensures that there is integration between the business and technology. Drives and participates in design, development, and implementation of changes to applications and business processes by leveraging technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to.
- Maintain/Introduce new functionality to support Catastrophe modeling automation processes
- Vendor management (AIR, RMS); identify new releases and plan changes to internal processes
- Develop custom carrier rules for inclusion/exclusion onto policies
- Maintain and introduce new functionalities to improve booking automation
- Introduce automated portfolio generation to provide real-time PML at underwriting
- Processing data including data query, manipulation, preparation for analysis and integrating enterprise systems
- Develops, optimizes, automates and tests new and existing applications and SQL code to implement technical program requirements into program solutions
- Assists with overall project design and creates process flow documentation
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
- Performs data analyses as requested by business owners with focus on identifying trends and new business opportunities
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 to 4 years’ insurance experience.
- Working knowledge of insurance terminology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & Agency Management System(s).
- Self-motivated and demonstrate an attention to detail.
- Be able to work independently for extended periods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a general understanding of business writing.