FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for NALICO General Agency’s products within assigned product line or territory, including product development and pricing.
- Drive financial results including loss ratio, growth, underwriting profit as well as legal compliance which includes developing state level operating plans and establishing overall objectives for the states.
- Conduct financial analysis and analyze complex data sets to determine and anticipate industry and loss cost trends, seize strategic opportunities and recognize threats while balancing short term and longer investments.
- Create state level action plans for assigned territory, for all homeowners, dwelling fire and manufactured home products, that maximize growth and profit in a holistic view and execute them in alignment with strategic initiatives of the organization.
- Function in an autonomous and entrepreneurial fashion, aligning closely, and building strong partnerships with actuarial, regulatory, claims, legal and operations resources to improve profitability and overall business performance.
- A bachelors degree, preferably in business or a related field.
- Ideal candidate will possess a minimum of seven years’ experience in Personal Lines product, pricing and/or underwriting.
- Experience successfully managing a P&L responsibility in personal or commercial lines insurance.
- Demonstrated leadership both up and down the corporate structure.
- Ideal candidate will possess a minimum of three years’ experience leading and developing a team. Ability to think and act strategically; planning for the long term while balancing the short-term needs of the organization.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and documentation skills.
- Strong project management skills and drive-for-results mentality, with the ability to multi-task and make decisions in a business context.
- Solutions-oriented individual, with ability to think strategically and implement change.
- A team player with experience building strong relationships both internally and externally, and with a strong sense of self-initiative and desire to succeed.
- Negotiation skills to resolve differences while maintaining positive working relationships.
- Proven ability to cultivate an active network of highly visible external relationships in order to meet business and strategic goals.
- Able to effectively and independently conduct competitor analysis & gain an in depth understanding of market dynamics, including competitor UW initiatives, rate level analysis, forms analysis as well as economic trends and emerging issues in the market.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state laws in order to make decisions regarding key issues & to identify opportunities to affect legislative change.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Highly analytical
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in, or assigned to, the above position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required, and may be changed at the discretion of the Company.