Catalytic Claims Services, subsidiary of Align Financial Holdings, subsidiary of DUAL, is currently searching for a Staff Field Adjuster working in a remote capacity. Catalytic Claims Services is seeking individuals in Memphis, Tennessee.
All Staff Field Staff Adjusters are expected to provide high quality product and excellent customer service to all policyholders and/or claimants, which will ultimately result in satisfied customers for the Company and the carriers we support.
The candidate must have experience in handling the investigation of first party claims from initial assignment to full resolution. The investigation would include a review of the pertinent policy contract to determine the application of coverages. In addition, the candidate would be responsible for determining the most likely cause of loss of the damage being reported by the policyholder or claimant. The candidate would also be responsible for gathering facts that may impact coverage as well as scoping and estimating all damages using Xactimate. The ideal candidate would have prior experience in handling all types of loss causes.
The position may also include responsibilities working as a Desk Reviewer or Claims Examiner in the review and approval of work completed by an independent adjuster. The ideal candidate must have the ability to prioritize their workload and work to conclude claims with minimal oversight. Prior experience working in a remote capacity preferred.
- Establish contact with our policyholder or their representative the same day as the assignment is received and within 72 hours after a catastrophic event
- Complete field inspections, determine coverages, and write estimates using Xactimate
- Utilize company best practices as a guide and communicate the claim denial or claim settlement according to the requirements of each state in which the claim was reported
- Communicate with the policyholder, policyholder representatives, agents, contractors, experts and independent adjusters as needed during the life of each claim
- Input payment if the claim settlement is within approved authority level or request authority as needed through the Claims Manager, based on each individual claim
- Utilize all available reports to manage pending claims and continue to track them through completion
- Review all recovery possibilities that may be available, including salvage and subrogation, placing all parties on notice of the potential recovery
- In addition to the previous tasks, each claim may require the following when investigating field claims:
- Ability to carry and climb a ladder to gain access to roof structures that may include multiple stories
- Ability to walk on roof surfaces to evaluate potential roof damage
- Ability to crawl into crawlspaces under a house or mobile home
- Obtain recorded interviews from applicable parties for a claim
- Ability to secure expert reports including fire and police department reports
- Ability to utilize a computerized estimating system
- Work overtime during high volume periods or after catastrophic events as needed that may include some overnight stay
- Manage the process of appraisal when conflict arises and work with public adjusters and attorneys, as needed
- Manage third party vendors during high volume periods or after catastrophic events as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited institution preferred
- Prior remote employee experience preferred
- Must have current and valid Texas adjuster’s license
- Basic knowledge of property insurance policies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to empathize with customers and agents
- Ability to operate PC and related software applications efficiently
- Ability to learn and train if experience is minimal
About the Company: Catalytic Claims Services is a claims servicing company working on behalf of American Summit Insurance Company, National Summit Insurance Company and NALICO General Agency. National Summit Insurance Company, which traces its origins to 1948, is a niche property and casualty underwriter that is a leader in underserved markets in Texas and other Southern states. National Summit Insurance Company specializes in writing fire and homeowners’ insurance coverage for low value dwellings and manufactured homes. Insurance policies are sold by more than 4,200 independent agencies and is licensed to sell insurance in over 30 states.