Exemption Status: Exempt
Supervisor’s Title: Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Job Description Summary
Under general supervision, responsible for managing and developing a mid and/or moderately complex group of agency assignments. Position accountable for: Optimizing growth potential of a core group of NALICO independent agents while prospecting and appointing new agencies. Exceeding or meeting year over year growth and profit objectives; executing the NALICO Sales Playbook within a consultative sales framework. Developing competitor intelligence. Collaborating with team members in the field and home office, on product, pricing, and agency management decisions. This position is based 100% remotely and may include a combination of mobile work and/or work from your primary residence. This position does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Applies agency diagnostics and segmentation for assigned agents to maximize sales time in the field.
- Applies process of prospecting for and appointing new agents that meet production expectations of new business at NALICO.
- Identifies opportunities to uncover Strategic Partners and other distribution opportunities within assigned territory.
- Responsible for training new and existing agents on Quoting Platform, Products, and Underwriting Guidelines.
Influencing the Sales:
- Responsible for profitable development of all agencies within assigned territory or agency assignment. Influences agents to quote and sell NALICO products to customers. Must be capable of Selling through Every Transaction with the agent.
- Executes the sales strategy of growing assigned market share in the territory by appointing and coaching new agents.
- Articulates a sales process that is mutually beneficial and identifies solutions to agency needs.
- Provides consistent and collaborative feedback and follow through with agents, peers, and other team members.
- Completes strategic marketing plans for territory to identify opportunities and potential challenges from which strategies and tactics are developed.
- Builds and uses best practices regarding Agency Operations, works consultatively to follow up with plans, holding agency owners accountable for agreed upon actions.
- Effectively understands and considers operational differences between small and large agencies, Aggregators, MGA’s, and Clusters.
- Diagnoses agencies’ current business cycle, market share, and shelf space opportunities and ability to grow business and motivates agents to succeed.
- Initiates systematic marketing processes within each agency to attract and retain new business. Recommends business solutions and programs to meet objectives.
- Directs customer service, underwriting, claims, accounting, and licensing issues to appropriate resources, elevates all unresolved matter to ensure resolution.
- Has thorough knowledge of NALICO quoting platform; Assists agents with system/platform issues and provides training as needed. Ensures that agency staff are fully trained on products, services, and automation.
- Identifies book transfer opportunities, negotiates transfer commitment, ensures successful outcome.
- Maintains flexibility in working with all social styles.
- Develops strategic agency plans that require disciplined accountability and follow up to meet business objectives.
- Stays current on competitor product, coverage, and pricing changes.
- Articulates company position and seeks out business with appropriate agencies to meet company objectives.
- A minimum of three years of professional and influential work experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Five years of sales experience or insurance industry experience preferred.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate knowledge of Agency Diagnostics: (Ability to accurately assess agency operations and provide strategic sales and marketing insight).
- Advanced ability to Influence the Sale: ability to convince current and prospective agents to represent and promote NALICO products and services.
- Intermediate ability to Advise Agents.
- Intermediate ability to deliver results: ability to focus on the top and bottom line and push self and others to meet set goals.
- Advanced Relationship Management skills: superior interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal and external customers.
- Advanced Communication skills: strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deliver professional presentations.
- Advanced ability to demonstrate resilience: Maintains a high level of commitment to personally getting things done, assuming personal responsibility for achieving outcomes and works effectively with little direction. Dependable and responsible.
- Demonstrates advanced problem-solving skills and ability to exercise decisive Judgment.
- Demonstrates Integrity.
- Intermediate technical savvy: Knowledge and or ability to learn new systems, applications, and programs quickly and then to be able to explain to others.
- Advanced skill of Driving for results: Self-assured, responds confidently to objections, and does not give up easily. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products with ability to manipulate data in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint quickly and accurately.
- Intermediate Skills/Competencies: Demonstrates solid knowledge and ability, and can apply the competency in the full range of typical situations with minimal or no guidance. Requires guidance handling novel or more complex situations.