Job Description Summary:
Under direct supervision, provides administrative support to the underwriting team within an assigned area/ region/ function. Works to assist in achieving profitable growth by providing support with marketing, underwriting, business retention and meeting customer service objectives. Actively participates in the underwriting process to support renewal and new business activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process property and casualty insurance transactions to include but not limited to quotes for new and renewal business, endorsements, cancelations, loss runs, submissions, premium reports, and miscellaneous items in accordance with established department guidelines.
- Service new and renewal accounts for change requests to be reviewed by underwriters for items that are beyond their designated authority limits. Coordinates renewal activities to maximize customer experience and service levels.
- Handle routine correspondence with customers while maintaining quality file documentations standards. Communicate with external and internal customers to achieve the highest level of customer service. Ensures accurate and timely servicing accounts.
- Develop and maintain proficiency in providing accurate processing and servicing of business.
- Provides additional general support to team as needed to workflow optimization.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School diploma required
- 1 year experience in supporting the process of property & casualty insurance transactions or 3-5 years of general administrative support required.
- Good organizational and time management skills required.
- Strong customer service approach required.
- P&C Insurance designations and training preferred.
- Entry level analytical and troubleshooting abilities preferred.