Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisor’s Title: Operations Manager
The Underwriting Associate / Licensed Customer Service Representative will perform the essential duties of this position, which include assisting the customers with any coverage questions, billing and taking claims. Answering phones and providing new quotes for Manufactured Homes, Homeowners and Auto insurance. Must maintain a positive and respectful attitude with colleagues and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contact customers for selling insurance for various lines of business.
- Review applications for insurance coverage, and other information to determine application acceptability for assigned line of business.
- Evaluate the experience of a risk against the class of business and determine the loss potential due to catastrophe, severity and/or frequency, using established guidelines.
- Rate new policies according to established guidelines and check previously rated policies for proper rating.
- Answer questions from agents, policyholders and applicants.
- Assist agents with comments or questions about applications.
- Issue and revise binders.
- Prepare Quotes.
- Process Monthly payments.
- Review requests for policy changes.
- Issue determinations to decline applications for unacceptable risk.
- Provide guidance and information to co-workers as needed.
- Work with Accounting and other office staff members to provide guidance and offer assistance.
- Work with agents to provide information and facilitate application consideration and approval process.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience working in an underwriting team
- Must be licensed with the Texas Department of Insurance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a customer service mindset; ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Effective organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to follow through on responsibilities and requests to completion
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to assess and respond to identified needs easily, quickly, and accurately; ability to identify, investigate and resolve issues
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office or comparable software applications
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in, or assigned to, the above position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required, and may be changed at the discretion of the Company.